Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

On Capturing Spring


I'm so happy it's Spring! The season makes me want all things airy and bright.



Everything flowy and sheer appeals to me, and reminds me of a blossoming peach tree that once stood in my yard all backlit in the morning sun.


My three room cottage turned out to be only transitional, but it was a new beginning, springlike, and full of the blossoming future.



I found myself wishing I was a painter each time I looked out on those sunlit blossoms in the early day.



But I never even took a picture. 



I can probably see that tree in my mind far clearer than in any photo I might have taken.



Some things are simply beyond capture.
 And Spring is one.










THE Mole had been working very hard all the morning, spring-cleaning his little home. . . . Spring was moving in the air above and in the earth below and around him, penetrating even his dark and lowly little house with its spirit of divine discontent and longing. It was small wonder, then, that he suddenly flung down his brush on the floor, [and] said `Bother!'

The Riverbank, The Wind in  the Willows, Kenneth Grahame


Wishing you a happy start to Spring!
Ciao! for now!

Jacqueline

Be sure to visit
for Cottage Monday

for Good Life


15 comments:

  1. Same to you! And the pictures are beautiful. So peaceful and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, Jacqueline! I love the pretty flowering branch and the way the light is coming in through the window. Lovely photos!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline ~ beautiful pictures ~ They are sooo serene ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty... I love flowering branches, and how the picture in your mind is better than any photo... Your photographs are beautiful...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy spring.. what lovely pictures. I too have wished I could paint many times.. hopefully my photography skills will come to be as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jacqueline, another beautiful post! Is that a gown you're showing? It's so pretty! I adore the crocheted doily with the pearls! Never seen one like that. Yes, ma'am, Spring has sprung!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You captured Spring beautifully with your pictures.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy First Day of Spring to you, Jacqueline. Beautiful images, and beautiful thought about the image that you keep of that peach tree. Sometimes the images in our mind are all we need.
    Enjoy spring! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah for Spring - I love your photos and light & airy feel. Hope you have a wonderful week - Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Jacqueline, to me this post is exceptionally delicate and tasteful ! Thank you!
    Happy Spring !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!

    Happy Spring!
    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Spring J!
    Lovely post!! I had a peach tree once, it is a glorious sight, but weather here just wasn't it's friend. Wow on the doiley with the beadwork, that is beautiful, and so unique!! Of course I love the silver tray, I am obsessd with them:-)) Great old house, did you live there? I love the plants and vines growing up all around the porch, Mike would never let me let it get that thick in the front, but I love it!!
    Hugs enjoy your sun... rain and dusty floors here, yuck!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jacqueline, Your vignettes are always so beautiful! And Thank You for stopping by.............Julian

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to take an afternoon nap in this room!


    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  15. So soothing and beautiful! I think you've captured the spirit of Spring quite well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!