Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

Burlap and White on the Table








I have pulled a few things from the shelves together to make a centerpiece today. Fresh flowers are always nice, but I never seem to have exactly what I want on hand when I'm ready to roll.




I have sort of a rustic garden theme going on, with a late summer tone. 





We don't have much fall color happening yet, and I prefer quieter colors anyway. The antique wood mortar and pestle holds a sprig of dried hydrangea to round out the grouping I have chosen.
  




I picked up a bunch of these small burlap sacks a year or so ago at a very small price. I wasn't quite sure what I would do with them, but quickly realized they were the perfect size for a place setting. So they finally made it to the table!




I always have plenty of white embossed plates to select from. I paired them with brown transferware for the last tablescape, but this arrangement needs as much white as I can give! The napkins and rings are both old season Pottery Barn. I love old painted pots, and things with script. And the lettered pattern blooming out livens things up. 



Some old casual cut glass adds a little sparkle. Vintage stemware like this is found in nearly every thrift store around. (As most of you already know . . . ) I used to have a ton of it.





That's Rose Point china by Pope-Gosser on top, and the American Traditional Ironstone by Cannon Pottery Co. underneath. Both make my heart go pitter patter. 





An Old World mood does not suit every occasion, but it gets me going in the right direction for the weeks ahead. I took a liking to the hard apple cider bottles that appeared over the holiday weekend and put them to use too! I hope they will get some daisies in them soon.





 The place cards are from our local lavender farm. They seem custom made for the theme.






I guess I am feeling downright domestic! Seems like it's been awhile. But fall coming on does that to me.












Happy almost fall to you!

Jacqueline







9 comments:

  1. I always love coming to your blog. It is so serene and I love the napkins you have on the plates. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Your placecards are awfully pretty, too. You remind me of the burlap -- time to dig out mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tablescape!Both wonderful, dishes and glasses.Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy almost fall back to you. I always love your tablescapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, I see a nearly perfect reflection of my own taste in your sense of style - especially when it comes to table settings. Ah, but that I still had the vitality to change decor with the seasons. What little changes I get around to these days is so limited that I had a local antique dealer come to do some "picking" in my basement recently. Like you, I positively treasure old dishes and dinnerware to match the seasons; but alas, I've decided to divest myself of such long cherished possessions. Please keep your lovely blog going so that I may dwell in it's spirit and beauty. (I hope you won't read this as a depressing sort of message, but rather one of admiration for allowing me to revel in your talent.) Keep on, keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday Jacqueline! Love the burlap place setting and all the natural touches. Enjoy the weekend. Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so pretty! Loving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You may also comment at jqbaros@gmail.com. Thank you!